Having a career with us can be rewarding and enjoyable!

Punchbowl Bus Company operates under contract to the NSW Government to provide bus services in Sydney's South West (Region 5).

Our bus services enable commuters to get to and from their place of work, students to get to school and university, and the community (both residents and visitors) to travel to social, sporting and recreational events.

Punchbowl Bus Company is a family owned business that has serviced the community in the Hurstville/Bankstown area for over 65 years. The company operates a fleet in excess of 70 vehicles and has more than 100 employees.

Bus Drivers

If you like:

  • Meeting people and being part of a team
  • Interesting and varied work

If you have:

  • A good driving history
  • No criminal convictions in the past 10 years
  • A valid “MR” license (minimum)
  • A valid NSW Bus Driver Authority
  • Good personal presentation
  • Demonstrated customer service skills.

If you want:

  • Job satisfaction with the opportunity for overtime

Then this may be the career for you.

Click here to download an application form (PDF, 385Kb).

Previous applicants need not apply

Formalities and Regulations

Australian Driver's License

In NSW, a 'Class MR' or higher licence is required to drive a rigid vehicle with two axles and a GVM of more than 8 tonnes.

Driver Authority

If driving passengers for a fare or other form of payment, a Public Passenger Vehicle Driver Authority is required.

Working with Children Check

A new Working with Children Check will start on 15 June 2013. From this date, all workers employed in child related work will be responsible for applying for their own Working with Children Check. Your check will remain valid for 5 years. To apply, workers should:

  • Fill in an online application form at www.kids.nsw.gov.au. If you do not have access to the online system call the customer service line on (02) 9286 7627.
  • When you have completed the application, you will get an application number.
  • Verify your identity at the NSW Motor Registry and pay an application fee. You will need your application number and proof of identity.

Once your application has been processed, you will be notified of the outcome by email or post.